Your privacy is important to me
You can be assured that I take your privacy seriously and that maintaining the confidentiality of your information is important to me. Please read the following statements carefully so you understand what I am collecting and why; and how I store and use your information.
I collect personal information from you, including information about:
- your name, your partners/fiancées name and names of others included in your ceremony for example persons in the bridal party, children, parents and friends
- your contact information
- location and address of the venue and reception
- personal information from your interactions with me, my website or social media accounts
- billing or purchase information
- ceremony information including: date of ceremony, type of ceremony, venue, time and associated documentation relevant to the provision of a ceremony including (but not limited to) interview notes and copies of the ceremony and parties/other vendors involved Please note that copies of the ceremony are confidential to you (the client) and myself (Rachel Clarke – Celebrant) and cannot be shared without permission.
I collect your personal information/email in order to maintain personalised communication and follow-up with you; for example:
- ensuring I can complete my legal responsibilities as a celebrant
- a request for feedback and photos
- sending a seasonal update to you as a past or current client who may receive celebrancy services, now, or in the future - you can choose to unsubscribe from the update at any point.
How is your information stored and shared with you?
- Personal notes from interviews are kept and then destroyed once the ceremony draft has been written
- Paper copies of the marriage/civil union documentation are destroyed 1 – 2 months Scanned copies are held in my system for reference (as needed)
- Client information is held on One Drive accessible only by me (and in an emergency by my husband).
- Emails are directed to me via my website host and are held on my personal laptop/mobile phone via the Outlook/gmail systems
- I send ceremony drafts for review via email or Google Drive as attached copy or links.
- Invoicing is done via email or MYOB.
Website and social media platforms
- You can choose to follow or like me on Facebook / Instagram and are responsible for managing your own privacy settings
- Reviews/recommendations from Google/Facebook (and/or) testimonials will be shared on my website/social media platforms or in other campaigns or means of promoting my services. Your first names, month, year and location will be used.
- Accessing my website will provide me with your phone number and email which can be used for the purposes of follow-up
I will or may share your information with:
- the Department of Internal Affairs (BDM) in order to complete the legal documentation required to register a marriage or civil union.
- a mentor/supervisor in order to receive supervision and support. Please note that identifying client details are NOT shared and that supervision is a confidential and professionally managed session. The aim of mentoring/supervision is to support professional reflection, development of practice and delivery of service
- Photos, videos and reviews/recommendations/testimonials will be shared via my website and Social Media platforms in order to promote my services - as described in my contract. Details given are minimal (first names, venue, month, year) and you can choose to be more fully identified i.e. # tagged OR opt out of this altogether.
- a CRM system in order to send communications/updates
- a third party (contracted agent) may be provided access to information in order to facilitate the delivery of personalised follow-up/updates/management of social media and advertising
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information I hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected
if you think it is wrong. Please contact me on 027 276 1431 or email me on Rachel@lifecelebrancy.co.nz